Come Network with a Local Entrepreneur! Immediately before the Geeks with a Mission Meeting
Presentation by Micah Laughmiller, CEO and Founder of Laughing Solutions
Where: Davidson 101
When: Monday August 31st
Time: 5:30 PM
Looking for real life programming experience
Interested in designing an interactive website
Willing to put in hard work and long hours for a chance to live life how you want
Come hear how YOU can get involved with a business opportunity right here in the Temple/Belton area. Only requires part time hours.
Extra cash for your pockets
Equity for the future
Chance to change your life
No matter where you are in the process of finding an internship or a job, creating a polished resume is one of the most important tasks. This post on the UMHB blog has some tips on how to make your resume stand out. Take a look and spend some time thinking about what you want your resume to say about you before you send them off to employers.
Here is the info on a local internship opportunity:
Company : RVOS Insurance, Temple, TX
Position : Quality Assurance Intern
Duration : 6 months
Hours : 20 – 40 hours per week
Pay : $10 per hour
Employment status : Internship
- Software testing of our newly installed systems that supports our business in the areas of policy, claims and accounting.
- Help execute batches to generate documents for testing purposes.
- Correct issues found in PDF documents due to software defects.
- Testing the newly installed systems and upgrades for software defects.
- Detect, analyze and document software defects for our vendor.
- The opportunity to learn and understand the insurance business with training in the policy, underwriting and claims departments.
- The opportunity to be part of implementing new software systems which has a significant impact on how we do business in the future.
It is never to early (or too late) to start looking for a summer internship opportunity. Internships are a great way to get your foot in the door. If you haven’t started yet, now is the time to be thinking about what you want to do over the summer.
Here are some great tips for getting started. Priority #1 should be getting that resume in shape. Career Services is a good resource for putting together a resume that will shine.
Oh, and by the way, if you are interested in CGI, make sure you attend their information session tonight.