U.S. News & World Report has recently released its Best Jobs of 2014, featuring rankings and information on 100 jobs .
Check out the very interesting site below that gives several great examples of how our Olympians are gaining advantages through the application of scientific principles and better engineering. There are lots of great ideas and examples of how you might one day apply the skills you are learning today.
Here is the info on a local internship opportunity:
Company : RVOS Insurance, Temple, TX
Position : Quality Assurance Intern
Duration : 6 months
Hours : 20 – 40 hours per week
Pay : $10 per hour
Employment status : Internship
- Software testing of our newly installed systems that supports our business in the areas of policy, claims and accounting.
- Help execute batches to generate documents for testing purposes.
- Correct issues found in PDF documents due to software defects.
- Testing the newly installed systems and upgrades for software defects.
- Detect, analyze and document software defects for our vendor.
- The opportunity to learn and understand the insurance business with training in the policy, underwriting and claims departments.
- The opportunity to be part of implementing new software systems which has a significant impact on how we do business in the future.
It is never to early (or too late) to start looking for a summer internship opportunity. Internships are a great way to get your foot in the door. If you haven’t started yet, now is the time to be thinking about what you want to do over the summer.
Oh, and by the way, if you are interested in CGI, make sure you attend their information session tonight.